Thursday, September 20, 2012

2 Years

We celebrated our 2 year anniversary on July 31st...
We can not even believe it has been 2 years! Sometimes I wish time would just slow down. It has been a wonderful two years and this year has brought us lots of "real life" situations that we have been able to grow and learn from. Here are some highlights from our second year:
1. We lived in four different homes and cities: Bethesda, Provo, Yorba Linda, and Irvine
2. We went to four different countries: Mexico, Bahamas, Jamaica, Grand Cayman
3. Stuart traveled to lots of interviews and was offered 3 job offers, which led us back to California. (So proud of him)
4. We graduated college in December
5. We got real callings. Stuart and I teach the 9-11 year olds in primary and I also am the head of Activity Days
6. We transitioned from students to full time working adults. Stuart is adjusting better than I am...sometimes I get sad I am not in school.
7. I won an intramural T-shirt in girls soccer
8. We have become obsessed with bocceball and the show Friday Night Lights.
9. We have learned more about ourselves. What we have learned according to our own words:
Emily says...I have learned 1. I am not as patient and as easy going as I thought I was. I get stressed over things i CAN control when I feel like I shold be able to fix the situation. 2. Being a people pleaser really helps no one in the long run. 3. I cant do it ALL. 4. I am hard on myself.
Stuart says...I have learned that it is easy to make quick judgments and be hypocritical 2. I am not always right. 3. I am learning to be more selfless. 4. I am more of a picky eater and whimp than I thought haha.
10. We have grown to love each other so much more.
Emily says....I love that Stuart is slow to anger, patient, and even tempered. I love that he does more than his fair share of domestic household duties. I love that he is humble and hardworking. I love that he always puts me first. I love that he makes me feel beautiful and confident.I love that he works hard for our family. I love that he doesnt judge me, that i can be myself, and that he always supports me.
Stuart says... I love how beautiful you are and how much fun that i have with you. I love that you think i'm funny and i love how much you care about me and are always trying to help me be the happiest. I also love how much you like kids cause i know that you will be a great mother. i love that you like to hang out with me and i love to hang out with you. you're my best friend and I LOVE YOU!!
Now we definitely have our down days and our disagreements, but Stuart and I both do not like being upset with the other and thus it rarely happens and we make up in about 5 seconds. I can not stay mad at Stuart. I want to remember an experience we had so I am going to share it. There was one time recently when I was getting frustrated and I said something back to Stuart thinking that "being right" would make me feel better. I immediately had the most horrible feeling. We were in the car and it was about directions and we were starving; bad combo. It seems obvious, but I just could not understand the most empty feeling I had and felt terrible. I have learned what not having the spirit feels like. Not a good feeling, but we learned alot from that situation. Having the spirit to guide us in our lives is a wonderful tool that I am so grateful for. And...never be starving and trying to figure out directions at the same time.

Definitely been the best two years...

Stuart was in charge of our Anniversary this year. One thing about both Stuart and I is that things never go according to plan. we both always envision something perfect and romantic...and it just never turns out that way. Stuart picked me up and then we headed to Fashion Island. I assumed we were eating there. However he runs in and grabs food, tells me to close my eyes, and puts it in the trunk. We then drive toward the beach...and theres lots of traffic on PCH. He wont tell me where we are going and then I get frustrated becuase I know our food is getting cold. We then park at Corona Del Mar and there are TONS of people. Stuart goes.."Ummm..this isnt exactly what I had envisioned." haha We end up eating on this grassy area while tons of people are walking by. Stuart sets up our picnic set and I am trying to stay positive becuase I know my food is getting cold. We then eat our favorite Cheesecake Factory meal and I did stay grumpy for a little bit until I got food in me..We then both just start laughing because it is so typical. Poor Stuart really did try, but thats what makes us "US." Never goes as planned, and we can admit that. I wouldnt have it any other way. We ended with eating cheesecake, sharing cards and looking at all the cute homes in corona del mar.


Our pincic set
My mushy card
I surpised Stuart with a gift that I planned but was really for both of us. I planned out and prepaid one date per month for an entire year. Then at the first day of the month we will open up the envelope and pick when we will do the date. It has been so fun so far.
Its been a great two years and I cant wait to see whats in store for us!


No comments:

Post a Comment