Thursday, September 20, 2012

To My Brother on a Mission

My brother John left on a mission this past June. This is very overdue, but as I got a letter from him yesterday I wanted to make sure I blogged about this. He is in the Lima, Peru South Mission speaking Spanish and he is doing Fantastic.I LOVE this boy. I think there is a special bond between the last siblings at home.
 
When Stuart and I were getting serious during our dating time, I used to always tell him.."You know that before you, I really was only complete true self around John." All my weird quirky Emily side was always with John. He's my best buddy. He is so smart, mature, funny, and has a REALLY good heart. He always tries to do the right thing.His farewell talk was amazing. He talked about our Savior's love for his and you could see his true sincere desire to serve the Lord in his voice. The people of Peru are one lucky bunch I tell you.
 
So these pictures are an Ode to John...


Wee little ones at Easter


Palmyra, New York


Niagara Falls


Germany, at the BMW factory eating our free food


Austria with the Von Trapp family





Lake Como, Italy


Hotel Buddies. This is the night he informed that I sound like a dying rhinoceros in my sleep


Swiss Alps


Love him even when he makes me do weird pictures


Versailles, in Paris I think...


After is jaw surgery


Our interpreations of the painting




DC bonding

I don't have any pictures from his farewell but lots of family were there and it was a wonderful time to celebrate John. I miss him and balled my eyes out when I said goodbye...and cried the whole car ride home. But I really am SO happy for him!

It appears that he only wrote me this past week....No one else got a letter. Not even my parents..Guess I am the most loved! (JK mom, I am sure something happened)
His letter to me..
 
Emily!
Those pictures are so cool! Peru isnt very green. Theres lots of polvo(dust) and everything kind of has that greyed over color. And in the winter its always cloudy and everything looks a little damp. But! When the sun comes out, the whole city kind of changes. The colors in the houses come out and you start to realize that Lima is quite a pleasant city. The people come out and everything seems a little more lively. But your pictures of new hampshire remind me of how beautiful it is on the east coast. Remember when we partied it up in DC and NY? That was so awesome, thanks for inviting us. Things are great with me. Im learning lots, and losing my english as well. My journal entries are in spanish and inglish. So they wont make sense to anyone that dosnt know spanish and english. Oh well. I hope you and stuart are doing well. Keep living the CA life. Eat good food. Go to the beach. And thanks for being great examples to me. I carry a picture of our family with me and show it to people who ask about our family. I try to describe all of you and I always say that ¨Emily and Stuart are ¨lo maximo¨. They always party and i tell them about how great you guys are. Thanks for being awesome examples to me. You can use email cause youre family, and ill write you guys back individually if you have time. Tell stuart thanks again for sending me that email to support me. It means a lot to have a whole family supporting me at home. Not many missionaries have that and it means a lot to me. DyC 6 24=25. How greater of a testimony do we need that this gospel is restored by the prophet joseph smith, when the Holy Ghost speaks peace to our minds. Treasure thos small impressions. Because theyre sacred and build our faith daily, step by step. 1 Nefi 1=36 (last verse). Look for the tender mercies every day. The Lord has a hand in your life, its our responsibility to look for them. Love you guys! If you love me, write me(Elder John Dunn 14=15). If you love me more, send me peanut butter. Its so expensive here! and Nutella. 40 soles, 15 bucks. Who knows! LOve you so much.
Cuidense
Elder Dunn

Yay for Peru and John!







1 comment:

  1. " If you love me, write me(Elder John Dunn 14=15)"
    haha he's making up his own scriptures now!
    That is hilarious.
    What a sweet post Ems. I don't know him, but John seems like such a good kid/brother/missionary.

    ReplyDelete