Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lunch Date

Today I got to go to lunch with a lady in the ward here and it was just SO great. It seems like a silly thing to post about, but I really have no social interaction all day and just study (GRE). Truly, I never leave. We met up for lunch at the mall and just talked about life. She is in her thirties now, but she moved here with her husband when they were around our age. It was so nice to hear her views on the area, pros and cons, etc. Overall it was just so nice to have some girl talk! It didn't matter that she was ten years older than me, I was just happy to chat and be out in the world. Sadly her family is leaving the area soon, but it is fun while they are here! Having the church is such a wonderful way to make friends and be connected to amazing people. Also I am SO grateful that I get to start my job on Monday. It has been too long since I have contributed to society. I feel so blessed that I got a job and that I get to work with kids. Ahh...I can't wait! (I feel like we are leaving soon and I am just starting my job. Better late than never right?)

Stuart and I ran yesterday. Again, not that exciting. I can't remember the last time we did though. It felt SO good. Two mile loop. We are thinking of making it a nightly thing. Let's hope so.


3 comments:

  1. I'm sure that lady loved talking to you too. That sounds fun Em. Oh and thanks for the birthday wishes. I can only imagine how great flag day was at our capital

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily & Stuart! Just read your blog. We miss you. Glad you are enjoying you time in the D.C. area. Brings back a lot of memories. Stay safe! We love you. Grandma & Grandpa Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Run Emily Run! Oh and Stuart try and catch up!

    ReplyDelete