Monday, June 13, 2011

Out on the Georgetown


We had another very fun and relaxing weekend! We went and visited Stuart's friend on Friday and got to spend time with their family. It was nice to get to know some more people. Then on Saturday we took it easy...made donuts in the morning, did some laps in the pool, and then decided to go into Georgetown! It is such a cool downtown place by the university. TONS of people and just alot going on. The buildings are all old and have been turned into shops and restaurants. There are also the cutest homes/apartments surrounding the area. Stuart tells me that the architecture here speaks to me. I agree.




Downtown

This line was sooo long. It is Georgetown Cupcake and apparently very good. You would wait at least an hour to get a cupcake though. Maybe we will wait one time. Must be good right?

So Cute! I got to spend some of my birthday money here :) It is a HUGE anthro with alot of good deals. I had a hard time choosing.


Georgetown University


and we ended the night at Trader Joes! I really wanted some Joe-Joe's and Stuart got his Mochi. It was quite the adventure to find it, but so Worth it!

Also, I must say that Sundays here are wonderful. I truly look forward to going to church here. People come from so many different backgrounds, education, professions, etc. Everyone has such different insights and opinions, makes for very interesting discussions. The gospel doctrine teacher is GREAT. He used to teach Econ at BYU and he is phenomenal. Puts it right down on my level so that I can understand. Also, we have been very touched by how friendly the people are out here. Every Sunday people introduce themselves to us and ask us if we need anything. It is truly a very special ward and we feel very blessed to be a part of it for a short time.


2 comments:

  1. oh my goodness joe-joes are amazing! and that is the cutest anthropologie I have ever seen! so jealous! Georgetown looks amazing. Justin wants to go to law school there haha he tells me like all the time! looks like you guys are having FUN! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. get the cupcake. cupcakes are always good. and that anthro is adorable!

    ReplyDelete