Monday, July 8, 2013

Family Reunion and Internship

The beginning of June we went to Altamont, Utah for the Jones Family
Reunion for my moms side of the family. It was my grandpa, his two siblings, and all the family below them that were there. There were over 100 people there and we had a great time catching up and getting to know family better. There were so many kids and it was so fun to see everyone having a good time. My aunt Margaret Ann is a fabulous cook and was in charge of all the meal planning. It was so delicious and such a treat to have three yummy meals a day! Stuart and I were in heaven. The reunion took place on a large ranch and most people slept in the house while others slept out in RVs. Stuart and I slept up on top in the motor home all snuggled up :) throughout the day we went fishing , rock climbing, played volleyball, did crafts, hiked, went on ATVs, swam, games, and ate alot of food :) we had a great time and feel so fortunate to have so much loving family around.

After the reunion Stuart and I spent a couple days together with his family in Springville and had a nice time. After that we had to part for 8 days while I stayed in Utah to do a mini internship to get my SLPA license for California. It was really hard to be apart for that long, but I am so grateful I have the sweetest in-laws who took care of me and made me feel right at home. My mother-in-law spoiled me with a fresh smoothie every morning and it was such a treat. I also got to visit with friends from college in Utah and it was so great! I especially got to spend alot of time with Jessica and little Sydney and it was so much fun! 

My internship was a great experience and I feel very fortunate I was able to work under Ann Dorais and do therapy for these clients. It is such a joy watching the kids grow and progress in their speech. Wish I could have helped with therapy even longer but I was so excited to come home to my husband :) absence truly makes the heart grow fonder















No comments:

Post a Comment