Monday, July 8, 2013

Finding out I was Pregnant

This is SO long overdue but needs to be documented.

Back in April I was a little late but that's nothing new for me. However this time was a little different, I was having these mild cramps that felt different than usual.  Anyways, I was nannying that day for my niece and I decided to just take a test to see. So nonchalantly I took a test thinking nothing of it, and bam! Immediately that positive line showed up that I was pregnant. Now this goes to show my personality... I didn't cry, have an overwhelming sense of joy, or panic, I just kid of sat there trying to process it. And...I only took one pregnancy test. After it processed a bit I began to get excited and got ready to tell Stuart!

I went to the store and got a neutral onesie and wrapped up the positive pregnancy test inside. Stuart had gotten promoted at work the day before, such a blessing, and so I told him that I had a gift for him for working so hard. I handed him the onesie and he opened it up and had the sweetest/excited look on his face while saying.."you're pregnant?! We're going to have a baby?!" Tears welled up in his eyes and that's when it became real for me. We just embraced, jumped up and down, and talked about how excited we were the rest of the night. It was such a tender moment that I will never forget. We feel so blessed that we were able to get pregnant quickly and the timing could not be more perfect with our home and Stuart's promotion. The hand of The Lord has definitely been seen so visibly in our lives throughout this process. 



No comments:

Post a Comment