Friday, May 27, 2011

First Day

Stuart started his Job on Monday with Foulger-Pratt Construction!! We are soooo excited for him because he worked very hard to get an internship for the summer. It kind of got crazy at the very end about what company to go with, but he is very happy with his decision. He is doing great, working VERY hard, and learning so much about what being a Project Manager is all about. I am learning too...He would always tell me that he would be in charge of managing "subs." I always thought it was strange that he would be managing different temporary people all the time. In my mind I imagined all the people waiting to be picked up for work on the side of the road that I would see on my runs in high school. However little did I know that a "sub" meant a subcontractor. Completely embarrassing I know. Lets just say that his work is way more meaningful than I thought and he is rocking it! His project manager loves him, but how could they not :)




Lookin Fly Babe!!

....and to toot my horn a little, I got a job working at a summer camp at a private school here at Georgetown Prep! Id been searching for so long since I did not do the internship I had originally. I am soo excited for this new job and am grateful that I will not be risking my life everyday going to work as I would have been. Life in DC is treating us well :)


3 comments:

  1. Yeah for the happy working couple. So glad things have worked out for you guys and you are enjoying yourselves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to both of you! And Em, that is awesome you got a job... very fast too!
    Ps, at first when I saw Jenna's comment above, I thought it was me, and that i was going crazy for not remembering writing it... haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. More pics of your place please! Stuart looks great! Congrats to Emdawg! Looks SO green there!

    ReplyDelete