Monday, May 30, 2011

New York

So D.C. has been great for these two weeks. Stuart has been working and I have been attempting to study for the GRE, however all I want to do is read my fun books. I am finally reading The Help and it is awesome. The weather has gotten VERY hot here suddenly. Apparently it is very uncharacteristic for right now, this is typical August weather. Hopefully it changes soon because it is only putting our motivation to exercise at an even greater low.

Stuart and I wanted to go to New York before we left and have been debating when to go. He has never been and it is definitely a place to see. So at the last second we decided to go for Memorial Day Weekend! We got a great hotel deal on Priceline.com (check that site out, I LOVE it now) and we got our bus tickets. They have buses that go from DC to NY, very good deal and only about a four hour ride. AWESOME.

All the crazy taxis

Times Square



M&M Store...yummm

Took Stuart to see his first Broadway show!

waiting for the show



Mary Poppins was GREAT! I saw it a couple years ago and loved it. I knew it would be a good one for Stuart and he definitely enjoyed it! We still can not figure out how they get all of Mary's stuff to come out of her bag.

Empire State Building, NYSE & Wall St, Ferry, Cool NYC buildings

Delicious Food. This stand has Halal food. Not sure if I spelled that right, but it is always sooo yummy and cheap.

Central Park





We stayed at a Hilton down in the Financial District right by Ground Zero. It was very classy and we had a great view of the buildings and the new construction going on. Stuart was LOVIN it.

Outside our hotel

Classic Bull Shot

We took the Ferry over to Staten Island and got to see beautiful views and the statue of liberty. It was so nice to be out on the water. Stuart and I decided that we both are definitely ocean people.

Stuart had us drink all four of our glasses one right after the other. Lemonade, water, Pepsi, water. Quite the tangy experience.

We were obviously enjoying our Ferry Ride ALOT


Stuart drew this picture of us on the bus ride home. His excellent artistic skills are beginning to show.

All in all New York was amazing!! We had a great time and didnt break the bank too bad. NYC is one expensive place. But hopefully we get to go back soon! Cant wait for our next adventure...

4 comments:

  1. shut up! how did i not know that you had a blog! i love it! and i am so jealous that you guys are in d.c. that is my dream place to live. i need to catch up and get the scoop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finallllyy you have a blog. I've been waiting for this day for MONTHS!! So glad you got to go back to my hometown and I'm glad you got to see Mary Poppins again. That was so fun to see together Em. I'm totally loving all these pics. Keep them coming. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So spontaneous! Looks like you guys had a great time!!! Live it up!

    Drew had never seen a Broadway show either when we got married...what's up with these men and not being cultured?!?! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael is very uncultured (is that even a word) and I guess I am too. Never been to NYC or a Broadway show. Maybe one day!!!

    ReplyDelete