Saturday, August 13, 2011

Goodbye DC

Our last week here has been wonderful!

This past weekend we had our last little adventure. We went into DC and decided to live it up one more time! We went to the Air and Space Museum and got some dinner at Shake Shack (yes more burgers Jenna)...and then our plan was to take our dinner around the corner to a summer outdoor concert that was going on. We got our food and were so excited and then....FAIL. We could not find the concert haha. Typical Emily and Stuart move. So even though it was raining we ate our food on a bench and still had a great time! It was our first time in the Dupont Circle area and it was a very homey place. It made us really like being city people, because three months definitely makes you locals. Then we tried to rush back on the Metro to return our Redbox by nine. We ran in the rain and never found the Giant grocery store, and ended up just having a fun time in the rain :) This may sound like a lame and insignificant night to you, but I had to document it for us. We were so happy and afterward were just wishing we could do it all over again. It is all about the simple life :)

Our last week of work was great! Stuart's work threw him a little party and he had some very promising conversations. My last day was definitely bittersweet. I thought that it would be mostly "sweet" because I was looking forward to being done with the 1o hour workdays, but I was suprisingly sad. I LOVED working with children. It is so rewarding and I am going to miss their joy for life so much!!

DC you have been oh so good to us! We are going to miss you (such mixed emotions we are having) Farewell

4 comments:

  1. I hardly think that your last adventure sounds lame and insignificant...on the contrary, I think there is something magical about rain:) It sounds like one of the best dates ever! I am glad you had such a great experience back there, but I am excited to see you so I am happy you're coming back:) We wish you safe travels and can't wait for a few weeks when we'll all be together again! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun last day. i think it is only appropriate that you ended it with a Burger. In fact that sounds so good right now. Hope your drive is going well! So excited to see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two of you had an amazing experience in DC! You met truly wonderful people and had experiences few couples could ever hope to have! We loved visiting you this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys had major DC hookups and were SO lucky to spend the summer there. BUT...I want you to live by me...end of story.

    ReplyDelete