Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Pioneer Christmas

This year we spent Christmas with the Lange side of the family! It was my first Christmas away and I did pretty well I must say. I loved getting to know my in-laws better and being around family all the time. I only cried once on Christmas Day when I talked to my mom, totally unexpected. I just lost it for a minute. But I am so grateful we were able to spend Christmas with the Lange side. Such a PARTY! We had a wonderful time celebrating the theme of A Pioneer Christmas. Let me tell you, these Langes are go-getters for activities. It was awesome. We had a schedule and everything! We did so many fun things and I am so grateful for the theme that was set. It really helped to keep the Christmas spirit. Highlights of the week:

Decorating the tree with popcorn and cranberries
Dutch oven meals
Graduation dinner at Texas Roadhouse
17 miracles/kids making handcarts
Ice skating
Singing every Christmas song there is on Christmas Eve
Reading the birth of the Savior
Making Stockings
Talking with family
Me getting to know my in-laws better
Caitlin and Colton's Wedding
Opening and GIVING presents :)
Lots of YUMMY food


This was from a party we went to before Christmas. Our friend's Kim and Craig through a white elephant gift exchange and had a delicious dinner! We even had these hats and other east coast traditions at dinner...We miss all our Provo friends!!

Christmas package from my mom...we got some treats and ornaments as a pre-Christmas gift, woo! Love me some caramel pecans..mmm..



Stuart's Cousin Caitlin got married right before Christmas, don't they look so good?!! LOVE it. So happy for them

Our nieces and nephews know how to workkk it

The three college grads at Texas Roadhouse. Thanks Janice and Dave! We felt very special :)

We read the birth of the Savior and the grand-kids dressed up. So cute!



Christmas Eve gang

For santa...

Our little Christmas tree!

Pajamas on Christmas Eve from my Momma

Stuart acting confused because the nametag on our presents was switched. Cute slippers for me!

Our stockings

Christmas stocking goodies

Christmas morning at the Langes!



My crafty sister-in-law Joanna provided all the goods and helped us make our own stockings! So much fun! Stuart even made his own, yea baby...he can be pretty creative!

The kids with their home-made handcarts

My father-in-law cooking dutch oven dinners! I LOVED this new hobby


The only sad part was that Rachel and Came were not there. We missed you two love birds!!
Thank you Lange's for a WONDERFUL Christmas. We miss you already!!



No comments:

Post a Comment